Solid Rock Baptist Church is located in the Northland area of Kansas City in Parkville, Missouri. SRBC was started because Fairview Baptist Church in Kansas City, Kansas had a burden for this part of the KC Metro Area. Our first service was held Sunday, September 20, 2009.
Our first pastor was Dr. Bryan Gentry, originally from Lakeland, Florida. He and his wife Sharon founded the church and sheparded it through the first three plus years. The church grew to an average attendance of 35 on Sunday mornings. The location was moved as the congregation grew, moving into the present building in August of 2012. Pastor Gentry was moved to return to Florida to work in another ministry there.
The church called John Magas in March, 2013 to be its second pastor. Brother Magas, his wife Amanda and his family came to Parkville from Oklahoma City where they were fully engaged in the ministries of Windsor Hills Baptist Church.
Pointing folks to the Saviour Jesus Christ is the main focus of a God-honoring church. SRBC preaches the pure, plain, true Word of God. We emphasize sound preaching, singing traditional hymns (not rock songs), soul winning and training people to please God with their lives.
Many churches today preach 'cotton-candy' sermons, sugary sweet, filled with hot air, and you leave just as empty as when you came. SRBC is a church where the Word of God is taught and proclaimed from the pulpit without being watered down or changed. The Lord Jesus Christ is what this world needs! People are introduced to Him through the preaching of the Word of God. It has the answer for all of this world's woes. Come see the difference the Word of God can make in your life.
What Solid Rock Baptist Church Is:
- A Church Where Godís Truth Is Not Altered By Manís Opinion or Political Correctness!
- A Church that uses the King James Bible because we believe verses like Acts 8:37, "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
- A Church that has an active soul-winning emphasis like Jesus commanded in Matthew 28:18-20, (18) "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Yes, we really "Go!"
What Solid Rock Baptist Church Is NOT:
- A generic church Ė We are Baptist because that is the historical position of the church that Jesus started during His earthly ministry!
- A feel-good church Ė Godís message is based on what we need to hear, not what we want to hear! Spiritual placebos (sugar pills) will help no one!